Monday 4 April 2016

Blushers to try for Spring






Spring has finally sprung! Well, it’s kind of popped its head quietly round the door said to say hello then disappeared again, but technically it is Spring now. With Spring comes bright, fresh colours to sweep away the dark murky days on winter. Subconsciously I tend to wear more berry colours on my cheeks that give a just bitten look, or a shade up from looking like death, you know however you want to spin it. So come Spring it’s nice to go brighter and fresher. I’ve been having a little rummage through my makeup drawer and found some shades that I think are perfect for Spring.


I have a mix of powder and cream blushers. Cream is perfect for giving a glowy finish and as I get older I’m definitely appreciating them more. I’ll start with one of my favourite cream blushes from MAC called Posey. Posey is a warm peach that gives a beautiful flush of colour on the cheeks. It’s one of the longest wearing cream blushes I’ve used, it lasts pretty much all day on my combination skin. MAC Posey blends out easily, wears brilliantly and gives a beautiful flush of colour.




Next is another cream blush but it turns to powder on the skin, it’s Sleek Creme to Powder blush in Amaryllis (shown on the left in the above photo). Sleek Amaryllis is a hot, bright pink that would look amazing on darker skin tones. Paler folk can still get away with it too as it blends out easily on the skin to give an instantly brighter and perked up look to the complexion. I think Sleek blushers are some of the best you can buy whether it’s the creme to powder or their powder blushes, well worth having a look at if you haven’t already.


Next to Sleek Amaryllis is Illamasqua powder blusher in Tremble. Illamasqua Tremble is a warm pink with peach undertones that always instantly just brightens my face up. I love Illamasqua blushers, my most worn blusher is by far Katie by Illamasqua but there’s just something about Tremble that makes me think of fresher, brighter weather. Tremble blends easily, is super-pigmented and lasts all day. You can’t go wrong with a blusher from Illamasqua.




I couldn’t not include the cult classic Nars Orgasm. The peachy-pink gold shimmer blush is perfect for blasting any remnants of winter away. Nars Orgasm is a beautiful mix of highlighter with blusher. It should suit most skin tones to give a healthy glow to the skin. Everyone should have this in their makeup collection. Alternatively, Sleek have an excellent dupe for Orgasm called Rose Gold, this is a beautiful blusher at a fraction of the price.


Finally, next to Nars Orgasm is Bobbi Brown blush in Apricot. Bobbi Brown Apricot is simply beautiful. It’s a bright peach-pink that gives a natural, healthy flush of colour on the cheeks. In the pan it looks very bright but on the skin it gives that lit-from-within look. Bobbi Brown blush in Apricot wears really well throughout the day and should suit most skin tones. If you haven’t tried a Bobbi Brown blusher I really recommend them, they last for ages, the pigmentation is just right and they mimic the natural flush on the skin.





Do you have a favourite blusher for Spring?






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig