Monday 4 July 2016

Three Brightening and Smoothing Face Masks to Try



brightening and smoothing face masks

Face masks are definitely one of my most favourite ways for a little pamper/self-care. I like to use them once or twice a week, and Sunday is my favourite day to use one. It’s a simple yet effective way of doing a little something for yourself. You don’t need a lot of time to do it and there’s always a mask for any budget.


brightening and smoothing face masks

budget facemasks that work

First up is this gem of a budget product from Aldi, Lacura Caviar Illumination 3 Minute Cell Renewal Peel Mask. I reviewed it previously here. But here’s a quick overview: the Caviar range is Aldi’s budget version of the much more pricey La Prairie range. The key ingredient is caviar extract. This is an AMAZING peel mask. Don’t worry about the term ‘peel’, your skin doesn’t actually peel off. The active ingredients in the mask chemically exfoliates the top layer of skin to remove dead skin cells, but there’s definitely no peeling involved. I would be aware though that the Lacura mask is very powerful so if you have sensitive skin I’d do a little patch test first. Lacura Caviar Illumination 3 Minute Cell Renewal Peel Mask leaves the skin super soft, refreshed and looking brighter. Please remember to apply sunscreen after using this type of mask as it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight. You can still pick it up online here.


best brightening face mask

I picked up the Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubbling Mask on sale from Beauty Bay as I was really curious as to what it did, a bubbling mask? I was very curious. The pump (yes, I have lost the lid) provides a blue liquid that when applied to the face oxygenates into a white, foamy mask. It’s a strange experience, it feels like lots of little bubbles exploding on the face and it also feels like the mask is sliding off. This isn’t a hardening mask, after around 10 minutes most of the mask has dissipated and you rinse off the remainder. What I especially love about this mask is that the complexion looks immediately brighter thanks to ingredients like SymWhite, a natural skin-brightening peptide derived from pine trees and bearberry extract. If you have a special event this would be the ideal mask to use before hand. Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubbling Mask detoxifies, clarifies and brightens. It’s also incredibly fun to use.

face masks that smooth and brighten

I love the smell of The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask*. Really love it, as I type this I’m stopping to smell it over and over again. It’s an unusual smell though, a kind of candy-clay. I can imagine that it’s not to everyone’s taste but I LOVE it. And as well as it smelling amazing Nutriganics Smoothing Mask does a wonderful job at smoothing the skin and leaving it soft. Kaolin is the main ingredient so it deeply cleanses while softening the complexion. But the key ingredient, according to The Body Shop, is Babassu Oil which deeply nourishes the skin. Initially I thought this was a bit pricey as it looked like a standard clay mask but it’s so much better. I find it to be kinder to the skin, a clay mask can strip the skin of natural oils but after using Nutriganics Smoothing Mask my skin always feels comfortable yet deeply cleansed, and as smooth as the proverbial baby's bum.




Do you have a favourite smoothing and brightening mask?




*I received Nutriganics Smoothing Mask at a The Body Shop blogger's event.



Share:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE face masks! I am always looking to try new ones and haven't tried any of these so am intrigued. I think I really must try the Aldi one so thank you for the review. It looks and sounds amazing. I don't think I'd splash out on the La Prairie version so I'm glad to hear there's a budget alternative. You've given me some great new ideas to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the aldi one is amazing! I dont think I could pay the price for La Prairie either but Aldi are proving you dont need to spend a small fortune to get good results

      Delete
  2. I love face masks too. Need to try the PTR one, that sounds fun! xx

    Beauty Talk With Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig