Wednesday 24 February 2016

Best Products from Rimmel


BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS


While I was trying to organise my makeup the other day I noticed I actually have quite a few products from Rimmel that I use regularly. Rimmel has barely featured on my blog though so I thought I’d remedy that. Rimmel was one of the first makeup brands I owned. Throughout my teenage years I wore Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and Lasting Finish lipstick in Asia along with a smudged black eyeliner. It was the 90s. After that I kind of drifted away from Rimmel seeing it as an entry level makeup brand, a rite of passage. I was wrong though. There’s lots of budget friendly gems to be found in there.


BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS KATE

BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS KATE

As you can see I’m a bit of a fan of Rimmel Kate Moss’s lipstick collection. The collection offers a wide range of highly pigmented colours for a very reasonable price. Number 30 is currently my favourite, it’s a vampy-purple-berry shade that’s perfect for the Winter months but I regularly wear all of the lipsticks I own. I’ve also just realised I’ve left out another favourite lipstick of mine Rimmel’s As You Want Victoria but I have previously blogged about it here. It’s a brilliant colour, a bright-cool toned jewel pink. The only thing I don’t like about Rimmel lipsticks is the smell. They’re far too scented for my liking and it’s a very synthetic smell. Horrible. There's also nude shades available if you prefer.


BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS CONCEALER


Another favourite is Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. As you can see from the packaging this is well used. It’s actually almost finished. When I first got it I thought it’d be too dark, too orange for my under-eyes but it works surprisingly well and does a good job at counteracting my dark circles. This concealer doesn’t settle in lines and lasts well throughout the day. I’d say it offers medium coverage and works even better along with another under-eye concealer to really perk the eyes up. It also lasts for absolutely ages, I’ve had this for months and I practically use it every day.

BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS LIP LINER SNOB


Rimmel Exaggerate lipliner in Eastend Snob is a gem of a lipliner and I hear that it’s a dupe for the much more expensive Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk. Eastend Snob is a beautiful dusky rose shade reminiscent of the 60s. Worn as a lipstick it evens out lips and makes them look plumper. This is the perfect colour to wear with heavy winged liner. Everyone should own this very cheap but wonderful liner. 


BEST RIMMEL PRODUCTS PRESSED POWDER STAY MATTE

And finally is Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I have the shade translucent which in my opinion is a very light ivory shade and should only be worn on pale skins. This does such a wonderful job at setting the makeup and controlling excess oil. A little goes a long way with this powder and I think it’s best applied lightly with a brush. Again, this is another very cheap but wonderfully effective product for only a couple of quid. If you’re looking for hard-working yet budget friendly makeup I’d give Rimmel a go.


Are you a fan of Rimmel?


Share:

4 comments

  1. Their stay matte is my favourite alongside the old match perfection, I dislike the re-formulated one!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have so many good products for cheap, I'm going to investigate some more of their foundations next

      Delete
  2. I love Rimmel- the Stay Matte powder and one of their eyeliners are staple items in my makeup bag. I also have two of their lipsticks, one of them is 107 which I absolutely love! x

    Celeste | www.celesteinayear.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig