Wednesday 26 August 2015

Currently Reading and To-Reads



Recently I've found some time to read again. I have a few minutes here and there but most of my time is taken up with my whirlwind of a 19 month old boy. So at night, when he’s fallen asleep I read on my Kindle app on my phone. We co-sleep so it almost feels like I'm a teenager again, reading Stephen King books or Dean Koontz in the dark with just a flicker of light to see. I do miss holding a real book though and book covers have some of the most beautiful art. I’ve been trying to read 2 books a month and it’s going not too bad, the main problem I have is finding something that holds my interest. I’m often very fatigued in the evening so I need something that isn’t too challenging but still requires a bit of thinking. My current genre of choice is Psychological Thrillers, I always seem to read them in the Summer. I’m currently reading Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. I chanced upon it while in Waterstone’s and it seemed the perfect Summer read. I’m not too far into it but parts remind me of American Psycho: the sneering cynicism, and the pretence of being someone you’re not. I’ll do a proper review once I’m done but I’m hopeful so far. 


I have read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkin.I really enjoyed it. It’s told from the perspective of several different people, none of which are entirely likeable or dependable narrators. I liked the pace of the book and it held a good amount of suspense: a good Summer read.  My to read “pile” contains Under Your Skin by Sabine Durran,  Human Remains by Elizabeth Haynes,  and In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware.


Have you got any recommendations for me?





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig