Monday 23 December 2013

Art: Coloured X-Ray Photos of Nature

(all images from My Modern Met)


I saw these beautiful works originally on My Modern Met and I just had to share them with you. Arie van't Riet is a radiation physicist and...


"One day, his colleague asked him to take an x-ray of one of his art paintings. It was a thin object and van't Riet had never done something like this before, but as he said, "it worked." This got him thinking about what other kinds of thin objects he could x-ray and flowers came to mind. He started with a bouquet of tulips. The analog image, or the silver bromide x-ray film, resembled a black and white negative. It was digitized, inverted, and then selectively colorized in Photoshop. "And then some people told me that's art," he humorously states, "and I became an artist.""(source)



Aren't they stunning? There's more over on the My Modern Met page, peruse at your pleasure.






Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow, these are so original and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a fantastic idea with such beautiful results

      Delete

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig