Monday 13 May 2013

L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue 465 Dark Burgundy Red







L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue is apparently the first re-usable permanent hair dye and this was the main reason why I wanted to try it out. My hair is pretty grey at the roots so a dye that I could use to touch up rather than do a full colour seemed perfect. This is the only redeeming feature of this hair dye for me unfortunately.

Dark Burgundy Red 465 is as described although I don't think it's as 'dimensional' as it claims. I find it to be a bit flat on my hair and not particularly shiny, even after using the conditioner that comes in the box. The mousse comes in a metallic applicator/diffuser that is straight forward and easy to use. You just put on the diffuser cap on top then shake it 20 times and it's good to go. Oh you also get 2 pairs of black gloves for double application. 

So actual application. This is a pain. The mousse disappears into the hair, and that means you can't always see where you last applied it, so I often missed bits of grey. As you can see from the photo, the mousse dispenser isn't see through which means you can't see how much you've used. That's a bit of a problem if you want to know how much is left for further touch ups/applications. Once you've guessed the amount needed for a full-head application it takes the standard 30 minutes developing time. The dye rinses out easily enough and the conditioner is nice too, nothing particularly special though. 

L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue just doesn't really work for me and it's certainly not cheap at £10.99 (although Boots have it for £8.99)


Have you tried it? 




Follow Me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig