Wednesday 6 April 2016

The Body Shop Vitamin C: Sunshine for your Face



thebodyshopvitaminc

Finally, we’re out the depth of winter. The last few months are particularly difficult I think. Christmas is over and the excitement of the New Year is long behind us. February is cold, miserable and mostly very very wet. The cold weather and central heating takes its toll on the skin and I’m definitely suffering pretty lacklustre complexion at the moment.

I was very kindly given a goodie bag at The Body Shop at Home Bloggers’ Event I attended the other week (read about it here, there’s gratuitous shots of cake). Before the event I was asked to fill in a skincare diagnostic which you can do here too. This nice little touch meant I got a goodie bag tailored precisely to my skin’s needs. I received an assortment of items such as the amazing Oils of Life range (I reviewed here) and Vitamin E range, both which I love. Also included was The Body Shop Instant Glow Enhancer*. 


thebodyshopvitaminc


thebodyshopvitaminc

One of my favourite Body Shop products is the Microdermabrasion from the Vitamin C range but I’ve never tried the Instant Glow Enhancer* . This little gem of a product is a mix of skincare and makeup. If you’re not a fan of fake tan like me but still want a bit of a glow the Instant Glow Enhancer will give a gentle peachy tint to the skin to help perk the complexion up. The Body Shop Instant Glow Enhancer  just delivers enough colour to give a healthy glow. I’ve been using this a lot in my morning routine now and I liked it so much I decided to add the Vitamin C Energizing Facial Mist to my routine too.


thebodyshopvitaminc











Facial mists are something I wasn’t too bothered about until recently. I bought Mario Badescu Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater Facial Spray (my review here) and fell in love. I’m not sure about any substantial longterm effects of facial sprays but they’re sensorially really lovely and give an instant boost of hydration. I especially like them if you’re feeling a bit tired or just fancy a bit of a nice pick-me-up. Also, I find a little spritz of facial spray enhances your makeup whether you’ve just put it on or needing a bit of a freshen up. So yeah I’m now a complete convert to them. Next on my list is Neal’s Yard White Tea Facia Mist, doesn't it sound lovely? 


Back to The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Facial Mist . Like all the Body Shop’s Vitamin C products it smells of oranges, not overwhelmingly so but if you don’t like oranges this isn’t the product for you. One spritz of this mist gives a good amount of product on your face. It dissipates pretty quickly and leaves your face feeling freshened up. The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Facial Mist is lovely to use at anytime: after makeup application, after cleansing, or as a little pick me up throughout the day. All my family loves this, including my husband. 


The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Facial Mist and the Instant Glow Enhancer are like little blasts of sunshine for the face. They’re both perfect for perking up tired, sallow skin and make me think of sunnier, warmer days. Lovely.




Have you tried anything from The Body Shop Vitamin C Range?





*I received The Body Shop Instant Glow Enhancer in a goodie bag at a bloggers’ event.


(Contains Affiliated Links)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig