Friday 27 June 2014

Customising Foundation

Beauty nars estee lauder


Getting the perfect colour match or finish can be one of the most difficult things to get right when purchasing a foundation. It has a touch of the Goldilocks about it. If you're of medium tone and normal skin type then you're pretty lucky. However, for those of us with very light or dark skin tone, oily or dry skin type choosing the right foundation is much more difficult. But fear not, all those foundations that are just a bit too light, dark or oily can be mixed with others to customise your personal fit. Do you have a foundation that's too light for you? Mix it with the shade that's too dark. Or similarly, do you have a foundation that slips off your face halfway through the day? Then mix it with the one that's too matte.

Nars Sheer Glow and Estée Lauder Double Wear are two of my most favourite foundations but sometimes Nars Mont Blanc is too dark for me and the finish too dewy. Conversely, ELDW is sometimes too matte and flat so I add a bit of Nars to give an extra dimension to the finish of ELDW, and this also improves the longevity of Nars Sheer Glow on my skin.

Another favourite mixer is RBR's Sea Of Tranquillity liquid highlighter. It adds a beautiful finish to ELDW without affecting the foundation's staying power.

So don't throw away those foundations that don't quite match, try a little bit of customisation with other foundations/products. 



Do you have any other tips for customising your base?





Share:

2 comments

  1. I really love Nars Sheer Glow in Sante Fe - it's the only foundation I have tried that suits me perfectly. All the rest I've had to mix and blend until finding the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great foundation with a really fantastic selection of colours but sometimes Mont Blanc is slightly too pink for me, especially in winter-time.

      Delete

Hello there! Please feel free to leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you. (Please refrain from posting spam (follow for follow, giveaways, ads, and so on, thanks!)

© A Y E .. L I N E D | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig